13/03/2013

The love of God, the love of Christ

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36 As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long;
    we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 8:35-39

I have lots of favourite verses and these I have just quoted are very dear to me for lots of reasons. They are encouraging, reassuring, and somehow empowering, enabling us to concentrate on our walk with Jesus in our journey that may or not be perilous and full of ambushes. However, i remember that the Lord in his goodness is holding my hand and is guiding me. May the Lord bless you. Yours in Christ. N.


 


3 comments:

Sr Crystal Mary Lindsey said...

Scripture is such a blessing to be remembered and brought to mind as needed.. I love your first one especially! Nothing! can separate me from the love of God...Nothing!!!
One scripture I pray often is, "Let the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, Oh Lord.."
If I don't pray this I will say something I later regret.Foot in mouth disease, LOL. xxx Love sent!!

N Abram said...

Hi Crystal, thanks for your comment. I had to check where this beautiful verse you quoted came from, psalm 19:14. Hope that you are having a blessed week-end. Snow is everywhere here but we are fine! Lots of love xx

David C Brown said...

Añd ou4 response should be: "present your bodies a living sacrifice", chap 12: 1.